Invitations are now open for the 2011 IAWRT International Awards for Excellence in Documentary Making to all female producers, directors and journalist working with radio, television and film documentaries anywhere in the world. Documentaries must be about women who are making a difference to their own lives or to the lives of other women. Theme of Competition: Making Their Voices Heard. . .See Their Lives!
- Only women producers/directors/writers are eligible.
- The documentary must be created by women and the theme must be about women.
- The competition is open to Television and Radio stations as well as to independent producers/directors and program-makers.
- For Radio – 15- 60 min. in length
- For Television – 20 – 90 min. in length
An international jury of professionals will assess entries and the winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner during the IAWRT 34th Biennial Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,, from 21-24 November 2011. The Award for the most outstanding documentary in each medium is US $1,000.
Theme of Competition:
Making Their Voices Heard. . .See Their Lives!
- All entries must have been aired on a television/radio channel or screened at a competitive festival between October 2009 and September 2011.
- All TV documentaries must be presented with English subtitles, English voice over, or accompanied by a written English translation. Radio documentaries must be submitted in English or with a manuscript translated into English.
- Programs submitted without meeting these requirements will not be considered eligible for the competition. TV entries must be submitted in DVD. Radio entries must be submitted in CD or online in MP3 format.
- Enclose also a short CV and picture of the director.
When you send your DVDs/CDs and entry forms please email a copy of the entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org to announce that your entry is on its way. Enclose also a short CV and picture of the director.