The total prize fund is worth £20,000.
About the competition
The British Wildlife Photography Awards were established in 2009. The key aims of the Awards are to:
- Recognise the talents of photographers practicing in the UK, while at the same time highlight the great wealth and diversity of Britain’s natural history.
- Celebrate British wildlife, in all its beauty and diversity, through a collection of inspirational photographs.
- Showcase the very best of our nature photography to a wide audience and engage all ages with evocative and powerful imagery.
- Encourage discovery, exploration, conservation and enjoyment of our natural heritage.
- Raise awareness about British biodiversity, species and habitats.
Winners and commended entrants will have their work showcased in a national touring exhibition and in a stunning book published by AA Publishing. Now in its third year these awards celebrate and recognise the talents of photographers of all nationalities practicing in the UK, while at the same time, highlight the great wealth and diversity of British natural history.
Poul Christensen, Chair of Natural England, said: “The amazing images that have been captured for the British Wildlife Photography Awards are a great showcase of the wildlife wonders that exist in this country. I’d like to congratulate all of the entrants for the exceptionally high quality of their images – extraordinary pictures of our rarest animals sit alongside uniquely beautiful shots of the wildlife on our doorstep“.
Vise mozete naci na http://www.bwpawards.org/